For many garden enthusiasts, spring cannot come soon enough. Northeast Ohio weather is likely to make your garden chores come sooner than you think. With record high temperatures in Ohio, the promise of an early spring is a sweet treat for many gardeners.
Daffodils, Tulips, Snowdrop, Hyacinths and Pansy flowers will soon be making an appearance in your beautiful garden. The question is, how do you keep your flower beds from becoming a mess? A beautiful border along your flower beds will not only keep weeds away from your beautiful flowers, but will give the garden an aesthetic beauty that you can enjoy.
Here are 5 different options when dealing with borders for your flower beds.
- Mulching: Mulching your flower beds can give you the border you desire, while keeping weeds at a distance. Plus, the price is reasonable. Digging a trench around the flower bed, and laying the mulch to offer the desire contrast will give your flowers
- Wood edging for your flower beds can offer a rustic look while providing a flower bed that stays pretty the whole spring, summer and fall.
- Masonry edging is another solution for you if you are not that into wood edging. Although the price is more, a lot of people preferred that option.
- Plastic no dig edging is one of the cheapest solutions and easiest to install around your flower beds. If the other options are not affordable or doable for you, a 40ft. landscaping edging roll at a home improvement store can cost you less than $20
- Decorative edging – stones or other decorative edging can make your flower beds beautiful while keeping your shrubs,flowers and other plants away from weeds.
We tend to have our flower beds at the front, side and back of our homes, providing a beautiful view from wherever you look. Having a beautiful border can also offer an almost maintenance free flower bed the whole summer long.