Northeast Ohio, including Akron, Canton and Cleveland, are full of older homes that have experienced wet basement issues over the years. Maybe you have a home that needs basement waterproofing services. If so, keep the following things in mind.
- Do not try to patch a basement crack yourself – You might stop the water from coming into the basement temporarily but you could cause it to collect in the wall, and as it gets cold it can freeze and cause greater foundation issues.
- Do not hire a basement waterproofer without checking out– This is important. Hire an experienced Ohio basement waterproofing company who has a proven track record and many years in business.
- Look For Trust Factors – when considering hiring a company, do they have professional, branded trucks? Do they have a physical office? Do they have a high quality basement waterproofing website? Do they have good ratings with BBB, Angie’s List and Home Advisor? Do they return your phone call or email within a day or two? All of these are factors when considering the professionalism of a waterproofing company.
- Testimonials – Do they have legit testimonials? Do they have before an after pictures? Are some of their testimonials posted directly from the public, and not just by them on their own website? Verifiable testimonials are one of the best ways to make sure they do a good job and you are likely to be happy with their basement waterproofing service.
- Options – Some waterproofing companies are just going to push the most expensive options. In some cases, there are not cheaper options available. However, often the person doing a basement inspection can give you several options and pricing, along with the positives and negatives of each option.
These are all factors to consider when you are looking at an Akron Basement Waterproofing company to hire.