Everyone in Ohio is required by law to have insurance coverage, but not everyone has, or if they have insurance they may not have enough.
If you have a pretty decent insurance company, you and your car are protected if you are ever in an automobile accident, regardless whose fault it is.
But do you know what you have? And do you know if you have sufficient coverage? Have you checked the insurance coverage policy lately? Most people that have insurance coverage rarely look into it if they don’t have to. We shop around for the company to insure us and after that, rarely bother to check if that insurance company is still offering the best deal.
What are insurance companies offering us? It depends of course on your car coverage. Do you have a brand new car or a car that is a few years old?
Car Insurance companies can give you many discounts depending on what car you drive, the age of drivers and whether you have children with good grades. Some of the discounts may even surprise you. Here is a list:
- Number of cars you are insuring with them
- Whether you belong to a partnership organization-There are many that you probably already belong to and can get you a discount when insuring your car
- Good student — a 3.0 student can give you a discount that if not substantial, it helps with the total ticket
- Driving Experience-It matters whether you have been driving for a year or a decade, so make sure you include that information
- Anti-Theft devices and Anti-lock brakes can give you a discount when insuring your car, plus they keep you and your car safe.
If you already have an insurance company, why not check to see if it still relevant? Have anything change in the last six months? Checking offers and quotes from different companies is good for your wallet. There are many companies that do not include medical payments in your policy or even roadside assistant even when you think those are automatic items in your policy.
A few minutes of your time and doing a bit of due diligence can save you money and headaches down the road.