Summer is when the sun goes down later at night, and often kids are in bed around dusk. But it is a great time to stay outside and enjoy the evening if your kids can stay up. Here are 6 ideas of things you can do at dusk together as a family.
- Camp Fire – fire rings are common now and having a camp fire in your back yard is a great way to talk and have fun. Each city has different fire codes and you should find out what yours are, but in many cases as long as it is contained you can have a great little fire. Cook smores, learn fire building techniques, fire safety, and just catch up with each other.
- Minor League Baseball – Akron Rubberducks – check their schedule, sometimes they have fireworks.
- Night Hike – Take flashlights and explore a well marked, safe path at night to get a whole new perspective on nature.
- Drive In Theater – Yes, they are still around. Not better quality picture, not better sounds, but a wholly different movie experience your kids need to try at least once. Here is the one between Kent and Ravenna.
- Carnivals and Festivals – Do a quick search and you will find local fairgrounds and downtowns full of festivals and carnivals all Summer long.
- Free Park Concerts – Want to expose your family to some culture? Me either – but we still have fun going to park concerts and you cannot lose when they are free.